Kärcher is a leading provider of cleaning technology. From high pressure washers, vacuum and steam cleaners for consumer to sweepers, car wash and electronic data transmission based fleet management for professionals, Kärcher offers wide portfolio of innovative solutions.
Alfred Kärcher SE & Co. KG employs over 13,000 employees in almost 70 countries. Innovation has been a major part of the company’s culture since it was founded in 1935. The engineer and passionate inventor Alfred Kärcher looked for solutions to technical problems with creativity and a spirit of innovation. However, in doing so he never overlooked responsibility for the needs of his employees.
As a Venture Analyst you will be part of team of two based in Sunnyvale, CA. Your main focus is going to be on scouting for start-ups with future-orientated technologies and innovative business models for both partnering projects and investments. Collaborations with start-ups are supposed to be an impactful contribution to the future success of Kärcher.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Source start-ups for partnering projects as well as investments
- Operate as the Kärcher point of contact for start-ups in the Silicon Valley
- Identify relevant events and leads
- Develop independently an outreach strategy to start-ups
- Organize deal flow session for Kärcher executives
- Support partnering projects with start-ups and internal stakeholder
- Support the investment process from origination to execution
- Analyze start-up team strengths, market size, technology and business model
- Conduct research to identify new markets and new business opportunities
- Maintain relationships to existing partners and network
- Create regular reporting’s for the Kärcher management
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a focus in Finance, Economics, Business, or other quantitative majors
- Experience in a venture capital, incubator or related field is a plus
- Valid working permit for the US required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient communication skills (verbal, oral, and written)
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, start-ups and other partners
See here for more information.