- This event has passed.
Covid-19 Vaccines in Record Time
February 4, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am PST
As the COVID-19 pandemic stretches into 2021 and vaccination campaigns are underway, we want to discuss what lies ahead with leading experts from industry and academia, the US and Germany. While science has amassed a truly amazing and unprecedented amount of knowledge about SARS-CoV2 and the biotech industry has produced first vaccines in record time, many questions remain:
- How and when will vaccinations bring us back to normal? What are the greatest (remaining) challenges in vaccine distribution & development?
- What questions do still need to be answered about the vaccines?
- What industry bottlenecks should we expect?
- How to choose between the many vaccines in development?
- Why can we quickly produce billions of vaccine doses, but still struggle to provide a sufficient number of COVID tests?
- Can SARS-CoV2 change and evade vaccination efforts?
- What are the current best therapies and prospects for those who contract the virus? What have we learned for the next pandemic?
To broaden the public understanding of the COVID-19 pandemic and vaccination efforts, we aim to shine light on these questions and offer an opportunity for an open public discussion.
German Consulate Boston
German Consulate San Fransico
Gladstone Institute of Virology, Professor, Department of Medicine, UCSF
Executive Vice President Process Solutions,
Head of Strategy, Performance and Transformation
Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance (Geneva, Switzerland)
Chief Business Officer and Chief Commercial Officer
Vice President, Head of Medical Affairs, Clinical Development & Medical Safety
In cooperation with GABC and the German Consulates of Boston and San Francisco
10:00 – 11:00 am Program
By taking part in this event you grant the event organizers and partners full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for fundraising, publicity or other purposes to help achieve the association's aims. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. Please contact us with any questions.