- This event has passed.
Living a “Double Life” in Germany and the U.S.
February 3, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm PST
Living in the U.S., planning to relocate to Germany or vice versa? Dual Citizen with ties to both countries and wanting to optimize your cross-border planning?
Living a Dual Life event series will cover cross border business topics such as Tax Residency, Immigration, Income/Estate/Gift (Tax) Planning, Asset Ownership and Investing, Retirement and Public Entitlements (e.g. Renten- & Sozialversicherung – Social Security), Life & Health Insurance etc.
German Residency/Business for U.S. Citizens – Outbound Session
(includes German U.S. Residents relocating back to Germany)
Asset Ownership, Income, Estate-, Gift Taxes-Implications, Planning & Procedures
Content will include:
- Tax residence under US and German rules, including income tax and estate/inheritance/gift tax
- Structure and effects of the U.S//German Tax Treaties
- Special rules for individuals moving from the U.S. to Germany
- German taxation of non-resident taxpayers
- US taxpayers with German employment income and effects of the Income Tax Treaty, pension plans and stock options, as well as Social Security issues
- Cross-border estate planning, including U.S. will for German assets, German treatment of trusts, use of LLC’s and German probate procedures
U.S. German Residency/Business for German/EU Citizens
(The Inbound Session) will be held on Wednesday, February 17, 2021, at 12 pm PST [virtual event]
Holland & Knight LLP
Heuking Kuhn Luer Wojtek
Director, Regional Chair
FREE for Members, $10 Non-Members
By taking part in this event you grant the event organizers and partners full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for fundraising, publicity or other purposes to help achieve the association's aims. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. Please contact us with any questions.