DB Schenker is the world’s leading global logistics provider — we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world’s most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
Position Description Summary:
The role of an Intern Global HR Strategy & Innovation is to support the Global HR Strategy & Innovation team in concept definition, partner relationship management, project management, workshop facilitation, and activities in support of defined strategic priorities to create a culture of sustainable innovation.
This includes, but is not limited to
- Support driving cultural change and sustainable innovation capability by supporting to identify, integrate, incubate, and curate trends and innovative approaches, based on insights gained through new network forums, as well as customer, partner and internal stakeholder engagement models.
- Support working collaboratively with internal stakeholders based on impulses from within and outside the industry.
- Network: Engaging, collaborating and co-creating with start-up companies and universities in external network forums.
- Facilitate: Support designing and iterating workshop frameworks with identified internal and external stakeholders and innovation partners to create & cultivate a culture of innovation and boost internal creativity through new thought processes, deploying new concepts and methodologies.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent strategic thinker with initial experience in project management, experience in innovation management would be preferred.
- Enrollment in Business or Innovation Management Bachelor Degree and/or equivalent required.
- Excellent research, analytics and project management skills, preferably acquired in an innovation context.
- Strong interest in business model, product or technology innovation in various contexts.
- Notable relationship building skills towards customers, partners and internal stakeholders.
- Keen listening, open-mindedness, and strong interpersonal skills so that necessary alliances with internal & external groups can be forged and developed quickly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, preferably incl. facilitation and presentation skills.
- Willingness to work independently, in a multi-cultural context and travel for business purposes.
- Fluent in English (written & spoken), further languages as a plus.